Monday, August 18, 2008

oh we need some routine

Man do we ever. It has been well over a month of peoplr visiting and us visiting people. Charissa is DONE. Her little mind is about to explode. She has regressed so far back. She is doing things that I had forgotten she would do. Of course they are all things that make her look angelic to the rest of the world but I know the girl behind the actions. She has been wonderful at helping those that need help. Unfortunatly her reason for being so helpful is because she has convinced herself that she is the adult. She fully believes that she needs to do something for someone because no one else can. The thing that makes this not good is that she will not stop to ask what exactly she needs to do to help. she takes it upon herself to figure it out. She does not have the capability to make the correct choice always. EG: when cousin Jake was looking for his dad the other day she decided that he could not do it and she could find Uncle Lawrence instead. Charissa ran around the house calling and only because I realized the extent of the situation that she didn't walk in on him in the privacy of his bedroom trying to get changed. She came close though. Last night she decided on her own to get a towel for Mel to wipe some gel off of her tummy. First I was upset because I did not want her to get a big towel out of the bathroom just for a little bit of gel. I have enough laundry to do. Then when I said something she assured me that it was a dirty towel. Ewww thats gross. Poor Mel. If Charissa would just ask then I would be able to explain to her that Mel needed a small washcloth. Something clean and something that is not going to take up a huge chunk of my wash load.
The part that is hard is that she will do anything to get out of helping me.

Last week Charissa had a scratch under her eye. She will not tell me where it came from. The next day she tried to convince someone that Clayton had just made the scratch while they were playing. I wish she would stop trying to make our family look so bad.

She also felt the need to let poor Astin know that cousin Luke, who we were on out wat to visit for 4 days, didn't like him. i asked her why she would say something like that and she just said that she was telling him because she didn't want him to be sad if he knew that. These are just a few things that have been grating on my nerves. There are many other things like sleeping with no blankets so that Auntie or Uncle would see and feel sorry for her. I found her blankets stuffed in the closet before anyone happened by so that didn't work out well for her. The next night she plotted a new course of action to get peoples attention. Instead of hiding her blanket in the closet she wore her full legged, long sleeved pj's to bed in a bedroom that was so hot you could hardly breath, then she pulled the quilt up to her chin and went to sleep. Too bad for her I was the one to find her. No one to feel sorry for her. Oh well

Anyway we are done travelling and visiting. Its time to get back on track. I have to say I am looking forward to it.

We are close to ending the next adoption. Our worker in Vanderhoof was LOVELY. Pete really enjoyed her. Unfortunatly the SW's from the ministry are making our lives very difficult. I wish I knew why.

No comments: